WHAT IS ELDER LAW?
In its broadest sense, elder law is the specialized field of law that addresses the diverse legal needs of aging baby boomers and their elderly parents.
This includes the following legal areas:
- Disability planning, including special needs planning
- Long-term care planning, including Medicaid planning and veterans benefits
- Estate planning
- Guardianship and conservatorship
- Estate settlement, including probate and trust administration
- Elder abuse, both personal and financial